Save Mount Diablo
1901 Olympic Blvd, Suite 320, Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Founded in 1971, Save Mount Diablo, a 501(c)(3) tax exempt, California nonprofit corporation, acquires and preserves land on and around Mount Diablo.
Job Description:Â Development and Event Intern
This is a part-time, temporary, 24 hours a week, non-exempt internship position that reports to the Assistant Development Director.Â The schedule for this position will be flexible and include three to four days per week, late May through October, with the occasional evening and weekend when events are scheduled.Â
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assistance with the many aspects of planning and coordinating special events
- Providing support to development staff on special projects
- Assistance with general office tasks as needed
Not applicable. Occasionally may oversee volunteers in office and at events.
Qualifications:Â The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Friendly disposition and strong communication skills in person, and via phone and email
- Strong written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Self-starter initiative with attention to detail and a sense of humor
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity with social networking and/or CRM databases desired. Training will be provided
- Interest in nonprofit development, fundraising, special events, and land conservation
- Possess valid California driverâ€™s license and clean driving record
- Daily access to a motor vehicle
- Ability to lift, carry/move small boxes, furniture, equipment, and supplies at least 25 lbs.
Compensation: This is a paid internship; compensation is $15 per hour.
Â To Apply:
- Email a cover letter, resume, and references to: email@example.com
- Please title the email â€śDevelopment and Event Internâ€ť