Save Mount Diablo
1901 Olympic Blvd, Suite 320, Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Founded in 1971, Save Mount Diablo, a 501(c)(3) tax exempt, California nonprofit corporation, acquires and preserves land on and around Mount Diablo.
Job Description: Development Associate/Database Manager
This is a Full-Time, non-exempt position and reports to the Development Director.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Systems & Data Management
- Enter data for funds received via mail, online, in-person and third-party systems followed by appropriate response (i.e. â€śThank youâ€ť) in an accurate and timely manner. Maintain current and appropriate acknowledgment letters, informing Development Director (DD) or Director of Annual Giving & Events (DAGE) if there is a need for updates or other modifications.
- Create, edit and pull general and customized reports for senior management to analyze revenue performance and other activities.
- Provide overall coordination of the donor database, implementing best practices for data management and making recommendations for modifications of fields for efficiency. Use Microsoft Excel and Word to create, manipulate and merge lists and data for Development Team purposes.
- Maintain current knowledge of database(s) through E-Tapestry training services and assist other staff who regularly use it. Augment training if needed, with written instructions.
- Ensure proper account coding of contributed income and conduct monthly reconciliation with Accounting Department.
Fundraising & Donor Relations
- In coordination with DAGE, fulfill benefits of Membership Program(s), i.e. monthly correspondence, and other benefit fulfillments.
- Under the supervision of DAGE, manage silent auction portion of organizationâ€™s primary annual fundraising event, including: procurement and acknowledgement; volunteer assistance coordination; online catalog; event setup; and post-event processing.
- Under the supervision of DD, maintain up-to-date donor correspondence and database communication templates (appeal mailings, acknowledgements, etc.), including drafting, layout and design.
- Under direction of DD, coordinate with Communications Manager to plan and execute fundraising appeals by mail, SMD social media, and online giving.
- Under direction of DD and DAGE, assist in coordination and implementation of direct response fundraising appeals including direct mail, membership renewals, on-line fundraising initiatives, and personalized letter campaigns to major donors and prospects, both in-house and with outside printer/mail house services.
- Communicate and interact effectively with Board members, Development Committee, interns, donors and volunteers via email, phone and in-person regarding donations, receipts, events, etc.
- Provide excellent donor/volunteer community relations and respond to constituent inquiries and requests in a prompt and courteous manner, with an exceptionally positive attitude.
- Generate timely and appropriate acknowledgement letters for donors.
General Administrative Support
- Assist with the development, maintenance and timely distribution of SMD communications.
- Assist other staff and volunteers to efficiently execute events and campaigns, and a variety of collaborative and individual projects to meet organization goals and objectives.
- Provide administrative and data management support for special events, as requested by DD and DAGE, both prior to and day of the event,
- Provide general administrative support to the Development Department as needed backup. This may include ordering supplies and tracking inventory; distribution of mail, photocopying, faxing and filing; calendaring and office equipment checkout; and other administrative tasks.
- Assist with office visitor and phone reception as needed.
Not applicable. Occasionally may oversee volunteers in office and at events.
Qualifications:Â The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- BA/BS and/or min 3+ yearsâ€™ experience as an Administrative Assistant (or equivalent)
- Computer proficiency: Windows-based Programs, E-Tapestry (or other CRM database), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat.
- Critical thinker with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish a variety of daily tasks.
- Excellent reasoning skills and ability to understand and manipulate multiple types of data, particularly appeal performance metrics and financial results.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Pleasant telephone and reception skills.
- Appreciation of environmental issues.
- Appreciation of outdoor recreational activities.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a small office.
The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Employee must be able to run errands and provide occasional physical set-up and breakdown of meetings/events, inside and outside in varying weather circumstances. Employee must also be able to hike, occasionally in steep and/or rugged terrain and in inclement weather.
- Possess valid California driverâ€™s license and clean driving record
- Daily access to a motor vehicle
Salary: Dependent on Experience.
Benefits include: Health, dental, vision, 403(b) retirement plan
Â To Apply:
- Send your cover letter, resume, and a list of three references to: email@example.com
- Please include your name and the job title (â€śDevelopment Associate/Database Managerâ€ť) in the subject line of your email.